Mailing List Archive

[nsp] wiered router problem
Hello All

i am using cisco 2500 router , today i faced very
wiered problem and wants to know if there is anyone here
who has also faced the same sort of problem .

router was working fine till today , but today suddenly
what happend when i pingd the ethernet port of router it
started giving me timeouts , so i called up my colouge who
is sitting at the other office where the serial link from
my router gets terminated , he had then telneted to the
outer's serial port and he was able to telnet then from
that termial only he tried to ping the router's ethernet
port but it did't worked , so what i mean is when the user
was connected to the router's serial port he was not able
to ping the router's ethernet port. i tried rebooting the
router for around 2-3 times but it didt worked out , during
all these time the link for the router's ethernet port on
my switch was showing the "up" status. i tried all the
things changing cables etc but then also it didt worked out
for around 2 hours, after two hours it again started
working with out any change in either the config or the
cable ,

has anyone faced this sort of problem ever , i still have
no clues k why this happened , would appritiate if some one
can clarify the possible reasons .

ya one more thing i have AUI port in the router , in
which i have inserted my AUI to ethernet converter .and its
also not faulty i mean its still working.

Thanx & Regards
Prashant Desai

Go To http://www.iqara.net
Re: [nsp] wiered router problem [ In reply to ]
not enough information to give any sort of clueful answer.

is your router connected to the internet?

all,
joshd.

Re: [nsp] wiered router problem [ In reply to ]
my router is connected to our office other office from
where its going to the internet , btw when the problem
occured there isnt any problem at that office where the
router is connected nor there were any problems with the
internet connected at that office

regards
Prashant Desai