Mailing List Archive

Basic Cisco Nexus ACL, VRF, etc. Questions
I'm fairly new to Cisco routing. I've been using Cisco switching for a few years, but gaps in knowledge aren't apparent when the only layer 3 access to the equipment is internal. I've been using Mikrotik and Linux routing for a very long time.

Does Cisco (particularly the Nexus line) not have a concept for services only listening on particular VRFs, interfaces, IPs, etc.)?

Does Cisco (particularly the Nexus line) not have a concept for grouping IPs for the purpose of more simplified ACLs?

Does Cisco (particularly the Nexus line) not have a concept for separate input vs. forward firewalls\ACLs?

I've read various pieces of documentation on Cisco's site for SSH, VRFs, and ACLs, but no mention of any of the above types of activities. I'd assume that if not mentioned, they don't exist, but I thought I'd check before assembling a rather lengthy ACL.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange