Mailing List Archive

Where have all the skilled people gone?
> These days a lot of experience is getting lost, and the industry hasn’t found a way to transfer that knowledge to new generations.
>
> Cheers,
> Sander

It makes me sadder that people in Cisco don't know how to spell "iput",
"recieved" or "byetes" and there is no QA using spellcheck:

rtr#sh int te0/1/1 accounting
TenGigabitEthernet0/1/1   10G link
 INPKTS input pkts                 OUTPKTS: output pkts
 RXBYTES: iput bytes recieved      TXBYTES: output byetes transmitted
 RXBS: rx rate (bits/sec)          RXPS: rx rate (pkts/sec)
 TXBS: tx rate (bits/sec)          TXPS: tx rate (pkts/sec)

If they can't get simple English words spelled corrected, you can
imagine what the code looks like :-(

Regards,

Hank

Re: Where have all the skilled people gone? [ In reply to ]
Hi Hank,

That indeed looks bad - can you share OS and version? I'll take it to devs.

?ukasz Bromirski