When running call-home licensing we add on all our IOS XE routers:

 http resolve-hostname ipv4-first

and that works.

But now that we have a new ASR9906, call-home is not working and the
above command is not valid.

What magic command do you use to get call-home to work on IOS XR?

Thanks,

Hank

Re: call-home and IOS XR [ In reply to ]
Hank,

I have just fight with it last week on NCS540
It has a bug which prevent it from working over VRF
If it is not your case (It might be relevant to NCS only ) and DNS is
working fine verify you have the following commands

crypto ca trustpoint Trustpool
crl optional
!
crypto ca source-interface ipv4 Loopback0
http client source-interface ipv4 Loopback0
call-home
service active
contact-email-addr your-cisco-account@cisco.com
source-interface Loopback0
profile CiscoTAC-1
active
destination address http
https://tools.cisco.com/its/service/oddce/services/DDCEService
destination transport-method email disable
destination transport-method http
!
!

You also have some commands to test it and to to trace it
license smart renew auth
call-home test ...

Nitzan

Re: call-home and IOS XR [ In reply to ]
Creating a new Token in Cisco Software Central and then:

route1#license smart deregister
route1#license smart register idtoken token_string

Regards,
Hank