Vague Recollection of command on modular catalyst switches
Hello,

The default when you replace a line card in a modular catalyst switch is that it removes the configuration for that line card.

I have a vague recollection of there being a command that you could enter to tell it not to do this.

Does anyone remember what that command is?

It isn't a huge deal to copy/paste the config and then add 'no shutdown' on every port but if you can avoid having to do that....

Thanks,
-Drew

Re: [External] Vague Recollection of command on modular catalyst switches [ In reply to ]
What about "module provision <slot-number> first-insert" ? Maybe?

--
Hunter Fuller (they)
Router Jockey

Office of Information Technology
The University of Alabama in Huntsville
Network Engineering

Re: Vague Recollection of command on modular catalyst switches [ In reply to ]
It doesn't actually remove the config when you remove the line card, it
just won't show up in show run, but if you insert the card again it will
have the config. If a different card is inserted then it will clear the
actual config, but as long as it's the same card model it should keep
the config.

If you want it to show up in show run when removed , use 'no module
clear-config' (this only makes it show up in show run it doesn't stop
the removal of the config by changing card types, i don't think you can
do that)