Mailing List Archive

IOS XR 'STARKAD Mother Board FPGA' detected clock reference failure / DPLL unlock indicator on 'ZARLINK Bus'. Instance reporting the problem is 1
Hey,

I have an ASR9k with a 4x10GE card in a MOD80-TR. All four of the ports are in a bundle-ether.

About a week ago we began having flaps on all four of the ports in the bundle.

We just yesterday started seeing messages like this:

IOS XR 'STARKAD Mother Board FPGA' detected clock reference failure / DPLL unlock indicator on 'ZARLINK Bus'. Instance reporting the problem is 1

I looked up the issue, it shouldn't apply due to the software version and we don't use clock synchronization.

What I am wondering is if anyone has seen this particular error message before outside of Cisco's description of what causes it?

Just wondering.
-Drew

Re: IOS XR 'STARKAD Mother Board FPGA' detected clock reference failure / DPLL unlock indicator on 'ZARLINK Bus'. Instance reporting the problem is 1 [ In reply to ]
For the sake of completion and archival it appears that this message can occur when the line card is faulty.

cisco-nsp mailing list cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__puck.nether.net_mailman_listinfo_cisco-2Dnsp&d=DwICAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=OPufM5oSy-PFpzfoijO_w76wskMALE1o4LtA3tMGmuw&m=50aODorijKMd1u9wIrfD-Tmhj44LmqDcVnwuX1xG8Ec&s=0ssTZ2PWNqSzbrGqzysoYyRJWRlVKdvkI0ffdgxM_L4&e=
archive at https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__puck.nether.net_pipermail_cisco-2Dnsp_&d=DwICAg&c=euGZstcaTDllvimEN8b7jXrwqOf-v5A_CdpgnVfiiMM&r=OPufM5oSy-PFpzfoijO_w76wskMALE1o4LtA3tMGmuw&m=50aODorijKMd1u9wIrfD-Tmhj44LmqDcVnwuX1xG8Ec&s=uOEPkydTZrycHet7SKuVYmbDBF_1rj0yNGAqHci0mxk&e=