is not accepted in IOS-XE 16.12.5. Clue?

Thanks,
Hank
Re: IOS-XE and show running [ In reply to ]
Hi

On 6/3/21 9:53 AM, hank@interall.co.il wrote:
> Yet the first config command:
> Router(config)# show running-config view full
> Router(config)# privilege exec level 10 show running-config view full
> is not accepted in IOS-XE 16.12.5.  Clue?
I currently dont have that specific version to test against, but
somewhen in IOS 15 they added the `file privilige $level` command that
allows you to access files if you have that privilege level.I assume it
was added after IOS 15.4, that would explain, why it's not in the docs.
The `show run view full` command accesses the config as a file and
therefore you need the permissions to access files. Or at least thats
how I understood it. People may correct me :)

So give `privilege level 10` a try.

Greetings
Jo
Re: IOS-XE and show running [ In reply to ]
I was sleeping or something like that

On 6/3/21 10:12 AM, Johannes Erwerle wrote:
> So give `privilege level 10` a try.
The command is called `file privilege 10` ...