Mailing List Archive

ASR920 lock up
I have an ASR-920-24SZ-M running XE 16.11.01a. The other night it
completely locked up with this error message:

%IOSXE-3-PLATFORM: R0/0: kernel: mmc0: Card stuck in programming state!
mmcblk0 card_busy_detect

It required a complete power down to restore. The only other thing we
noticed was a spike in CPU utilization just before it died.

What does this mean? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Is it likely
to happen again?

Thanks.

--

Jerry Bacon
Senior Network Engineer

Re: ASR920 lock up [ In reply to ]
On 3/1/21 6:54 PM, Jerry Bacon wrote:
> I have an ASR-920-24SZ-M running XE 16.11.01a. The other night it
> completely locked up with this error message:
>
> %IOSXE-3-PLATFORM: R0/0: kernel: mmc0: Card stuck in programming
> state! mmcblk0 card_busy_detect
>
> It required a complete power down to restore. The only other thing we
> noticed was a spike in CPU utilization just before it died.
>
> What does this mean? Is there anything I can do to fix it? Is it
> likely to happen again?
>
> Thanks.

You may try another image. The "suggested" Gibraltar-16.12.5 MD version
is a good start.

Hopefully is a software bug and not a hardware problem.

--
Best regards,
Adrian Minta