available that I wasn't able to find that still includes some/all of
those older APs?
As he will need to cover additional areas of the installation, and the
2504 has almost exhausted its licensed AP #, and from what I know am not
able to order any additional AP licenses anymore (apart from the
physical age of the WLC), I'd like to just replace the AP by moving the
controller part over to an 1832, which can control up to 75 APs ...

Thanks, -garry

Re: Mobility Express and 700/1600/1700 series AP? [ In reply to ]
On 09.02.2021 17:15, Jeremy Bresley wrote:
> From the release notes for 8.10, the 700s and 1700s should work as
> subordinate APs, the 1600s are not supported in anything past 8.5.
>
> https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/access_point/mob_exp/810/release_notes/b_ME_RN_810.html

Ah, thanks! Didn't find the image names for the 1700/700 series APs
anywhere, so I assumed they too weren't supported anymore.

> The older model controllers (2504/5508/7510) aren't supported on
> anything past 8.5, and won't support any APs newer than the
> 1800/2800/3800 series.  Also be aware that the 2504s LDoS date is
> April 30, 2023, so it's only got about 2 years left of any support at
> all.

Yes, also the customer's WLC isn't very new, so replacing it with a
complete ME-setup might be advisable. The requirements for the setup are
rather low, so this solution would be well sufficient. Only having to
replace the 1600 APs would make the choice easier of course ...

Thanks for the info ...

-garry