If I'm reading this right (which I may not be), the 3064 can handle 16k IPv4 routes. It looks like it can handle 80k IPv6 routes. That should be more than enough for our needs as we only have a few hundred routes that we need at this time.

Any limitations for route filters? Any scalability issues with filters?

Any good reason not to use this in a low route count BGP environment?

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions

Midwest Internet Exchange

The Brothers WISP

Re: Nexus 3064 BGP Scalability [ In reply to ]
I am not an expert but I don't think there is an issue with a small
subnet of BGP routes. People running this switch with EVPN design
where BGP is part of stack.

Re: Nexus 3064 BGP Scalability [ In reply to ]
It supports 8k ipv4 hosts, 16k ipv4 lpm, 8k ipv6  /64 or less, 8k ipv6 >
/64 < 128 , 4k ipv6 hosts

everything shared with the other table. Very limited in capacity but if
you can fit within these limitations it's fine.

What do you mean by route filters? (control plane stuff like route maps?)

Re: Nexus 3064 BGP Scalability [ In reply to ]
By route filters, I mean an ACL applied against received and advertised routes. I'm not sure off of the top of my head the terminology Cisco uses.

-----