Mailing List Archive

ASR9001 and Snmp
Hi

I can't get the snmp to work on my cisco ASR9000 to monitor it with
Centreon.

i use this configuration:

snmp-server ifindex persist
snmp-server trap-source Loopback0

snmp-server view public system included
snmp-server community public view public ro admin-nets

snmp-server group SnmpAdmins v3 auth ipv4 admin-nets
snmp-server user admin SnmpAdmins v3 auth md5 **PASSWORD

ipv4 access-list admin-nets
permit ipv4 172.20.18.0/28 any

when I run the check requests on my centreon, in snmp v3 with login / pass
I always have a "no answer"

I did not find an example configuration in version 2c

a idea ?

thanks for your help
olivier
Re: ASR9001 and Snmp [ In reply to ]
Have you updated your 'control-plane' config to allow SNMP from your
sources?

Re: ASR9001 and Snmp [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 9 Nov 2020 at 08:23, Olivier CALVANO <o.calvano@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I can't get the snmp to work on my cisco ASR9000 to monitor it with
> Centreon.
>
> i use this configuration:
>
> snmp-server ifindex persist
> snmp-server trap-source Loopback0
>
> snmp-server view public system included
> snmp-server community public view public ro admin-nets
>
> snmp-server group SnmpAdmins v3 auth ipv4 admin-nets
> snmp-server user admin SnmpAdmins v3 auth md5 **PASSWORD
>
> ipv4 access-list admin-nets
> permit ipv4 172.20.18.0/28 any
>
> when I run the check requests on my centreon, in snmp v3 with login / pass
> I always have a "no answer"
>
> I did not find an example configuration in version 2c
>
> a idea ?
>
> thanks for your help
> olivier

Hi Oliver,

This is off the top of my head, so not perfect, but you need something
like this...

control-plane
management-plane
inband
interface XXX
allow SNMP peer
address ipv4 172.20.18.0/28

Have tried the various debug commands to see why your packets are
being dropped? If not, add the control-plane rule above, then run some
debugs and report back to the list what you see in the logs.

Cheers,
James.