Mailing List Archive

NAT on ASR920 Everest
Hello all, I'm trying to configure NAT on an ASR920
running 16.06.05a [Everest]
GW-01#show license
Index 1 Feature: advancedmetroipaccess
Period left: Life time
License Type: Permanent
License State: Active, In Use
License Count: Non-Counted
License Priority: Medium

Docs say it should be configurable.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/ipaddr_nat/configuration/xe-16-6/nat-xe-16-6-book.pdf

However, none of the standard NAT commands are available.
Example:ip nat inside source list 150 interface GigabitEthernet0/0/4
overload (access-list is already configured)

"nat" is not a subcommand of "ip" and I get an error:
GW-01(config)#ip nat inside source list 150 interface GigabitEthernet0/0/4
overload
^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

GW-01(config)#

Even under the interface, the ip nat inside or ip nat outside is not a
valid command.

LTE-NAT-HOC-GW-01(config)#ip ?
Global IP configuration subcommands:
multicast Global IP Multicast Commands
multicast-routing Enable IP multicast forwarding
name-server Specify address of name server to use
nbar NBAR - Network Based Application Recognition
options IP Options treatment

Anyone know if maybe it's a license level and I need to drop
to metroipaccess or lower? Or is EVEREST not correctly supported?

Reaching out in case anyone has run into this before.

Re: NAT on ASR920 Everest [ In reply to ]
I remember reading somewhere that NAT wsan't supported on the 920 series.
Though I did find this

It appears that NAT is only supported on the 12SZ-IM

https://community.cisco.com/t5/routing/nat-on-cisco-asr920/td-p/3023788

With that being said, I haven't tried it on any of the ASR920s that we've
purchased

Re: NAT on ASR920 Everest [ In reply to ]
Ouch ... I have a number of ASR-920-12CZ-A ... and was trying to re-utilize
my existing inventory.

Back to the storage room we go.

Thanks.