Mailing List Archive

Strange ASR920 problems with pppoe enabled
Hi All

I have a problem that I cannot understand on a cisco ASR920.

I have an interface that will do xconnect:

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/8
mtu 1600
no ip address
media-type sfp
negotiation auto
service instance 2079 ethernet
encapsulation dot1q 2079
rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
xconnect 172.16.16.100 2079 encapsulation mpls pw-class EtherRedirect
!
service instance 2080 ethernet
encapsulation dot1q 2080
rewrite ingress tag pop 1 symmetric
xconnect 172.16.16.120 901068 encapsulation mpls pw-class EtherRedirect
!

that works, on the service instance 2079 ethernet, customer CPE use PPPoE

I have a second interface that i want use with Customer PPPoE:

interface TenGigabitEthernet0/0/14
no ip address
channel-group 10 mode active

interface Port-channel10
no ip address
lacp max-bundle 3
service instance 2001 ethernet
encapsulation dot1q 2001
bridge-domain 2001

interface BDI2001
no ip address

If i active pppoe on the BDI2001:
interface BDI2001
no ip address
pppoe enable group CPE-PPPOE

this immediately cuts the PPPoE of my client which goes through the
Xconnect.
I thought the Xconnect was a priority but it doesn't seem to be.
How can I deal with this?

thanks for your help