RFC1918 netwblocks for connector networks and loopbacks, is it just
preference or am I missing other reasons not to use 1918?

Mike
Re: Core - distrubution [ In reply to ]
use ipv6

Re: Core - distrubution [ In reply to ]
My whole core and distribution network is all 10.x.x.x (rfc1918).

All my eyeball ip addresses and internet connections are overlayed in mpls
l3vpn vrf

-Aaron

Core - distrubution [ In reply to ]
On 10/09/2020 08:14, aaron1@gvtc.com wrote:
> All my eyeball ip addresses and internet connections are overlayed in mpls
> l3vpn vrf

$old_dayjob used public space for the underlay IGP network. Everything
else was run as l2/3vpn vrf or l2 p2p overlays.

Had the benefit of capable customer equipment running traceroute across
"private" l3vpn would get the hop-by-hop addresses of the underlay p2p
l3 link. On rare occasions useful information.

Then again. The public space used of IGP network was not routed in
DFZ... So not that it makes insanely much of a difference if private or
public space is used for IGP underlay network if not routed in DFZ. And
everything else are run as overlays (including Internet DFZ routing)

--

Best regards,

Chriztoffer
Core - distrubution [ In reply to ]