Mailing List Archive

ASR 9000 Ambiguous VLAN
I have a working config on Cisco ASR 9000 with DHCP and PPPoE Server. Both are working fine on Normal dot1q trunk mode on my bundle subinterface.
However I want to do this with Ambiguous VLAN enabled but it never worked.

Here is the Normal Dot1q Mode config for a PPPoE Access Interface
#####VLAN 320 is also where Customer Ports assigned to on MSANs############

interface Bundle-Ether16.320
description ***POSTPAID PPPoE VLANS***
service-policy type control subscriber PPP_Postpaid
pppoe enable bba-group POSTPAID
encapsulation dot1q 320
!

Here is an Access Interface with Ambiguous VLAN enabled
#####VLAN 213 is also where Customer Ports assigned to on MSANs############

interface Bundle-Ether16.213
description ***PostPaid DHCP VLAN 213***
ipv4 point-to-point
ipv4 unnumbered Loopback20
arp learning disable
ipv6 enable
service-policy type control subscriber POLICY_DHCP_CUSTOMERS
bundle load-balancing hash dst-ip
encapsulation ambiguous dot1q 213 second-dot1q any
ipsubscriber ipv4 l2-connected
initiator dhcp
initiator unclassified-source
!
ipsubscriber ipv6 l2-connected
initiator dhcp
!
!

The normal dot1q ports for vlan 320 works ok but not the above vlan 213 with ambiguous enable. However if I remove the ambiguous vlan on the sub interface with vlan 213 and only use normal dot1q 213 like the vlan 320 above , it is work as expected.

Question;
Do Ihave to enable any specific config on the Access Interface or the dynamic template in order for the Ambiguous VLAN to work ????

My ASR 9001 router run XR version 6.6.3

[TCC]

Confidentiality Notice:

This email (including any attachment) is intended for internal use only. Any unauthorized use, dissemination or copying of the content is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by email and delete this email and any attachment.