The 16 slot nexus is considerably deeper (almost a foot) so I'm wondering what platforms people ended up jumping to when upgrading?

Thanks,
-Drew

Re: Somewhat quirky question regarding C6513 [ In reply to ]
On 9/Jul/20 15:20, Drew Weaver wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone that used to run C6513s or C6513E found a replacement for them that has basically the same space requirements and the same number (or more) line card slots? Sort of like a dropin/replacement?
>
> The 16 slot nexus is considerably deeper (almost a foot) so I'm wondering what platforms people ended up jumping to when upgrading?

In the old day, we had a 6509-E as the largest switch in our stable.

It had been a while since we run switches that big, but when it came
time to replace our C6880-X in some PoP's, we went with Arista's 7508E.

Mark.
Re: Somewhat quirky question regarding C6513 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Thu, Jul 09, 2020 at 04:54:51PM +0200, Mark Tinka wrote:
> It had been a while since we run switches that big, but when it came
> time to replace our C6880-X in some PoP's, we went with Arista's 7508E.

I was about to suggest that, but the 7500 series is WAY deeper than
the 6500s (like "80-85 cm" vs. "50 cm").

I'd still go for Aristas instead of Nexus.

Spent two hours on the phone with Cisco TAC today, and 3 hours with
Arista TAC yesterday.

Arista case was open 5 days and is now already in engineering.
Cisco case is open 8 months and TAC is still running in circles.

No vendor is perfect, but Cisco is no longer even aiming for goodness.

gert

Gert Doering - Munich, Germany gert@greenie.muc.de
Re: Somewhat quirky question regarding C6513 [ In reply to ]
On 9/Jul/20 17:20, Gert Doering wrote:

> Arista case was open 5 days and is now already in engineering.
> Cisco case is open 8 months and TAC is still running in circles.
>
> No vendor is perfect, but Cisco is no longer even aiming for goodness.

I have to totally agree with those last 2 paragraphs.

As customers, we are also responding accordingly.

Mark.
Re: Somewhat quirky question regarding C6513 [ In reply to ]