Hi Everyone

Hope everyone is keeping well!

We need to increase the memory on our A9K routers. They are currently
running a pair of A9K-RSP440-TR (6Gb). Is it possible to replace the
standby with a A9K-RSP440-SE(12Gb) and seamlessley switchover to the
standby so it becomes the active RSP? Any recommendations on how best to
do to this without downtime? They will use the same IOS-XR version

Many Thanks
Re: Swapping A9K-RSP's different versions [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 08:22:05AM +0100, Mati Panos wrote:
> Hope everyone is keeping well!
>
> We need to increase the memory on our A9K routers. They are currently
> running a pair of A9K-RSP440-TR (6Gb). Is it possible to replace the
> standby with a A9K-RSP440-SE(12Gb) and seamlessley switchover to the
> standby so it becomes the active RSP? Any recommendations on how best to
> do to this without downtime? They will use the same IOS-XR version

If you search cisco.com for "A9K-RSP440 RAM upgrade" you'll get a page
that, basically, says "remove the passive -TR, put int the first -SE,
wait for it to sync up, then failover redundancy, then swap the other
one". So it should be straightforward and supported.

Haven't done it, never take my word on it, find the page yourself :-)

gert

Gert Doering - Munich, Germany gert@greenie.muc.de