Mailing List Archive

asr920 pppoe on bdi
Hi,

Im trying to serve pppoe on a BDI interface and it ain't workin'...

First, I can do this with an actual ethernet interface and works fine:

Interface TenGigabitEthernet0/1/0.400
 encapsulation dot1Q 400 second-dot1q 11
 ip address x.x.x.1 255.255.255.0
 pppoe enable group global
 pppoe max-sessions 4000

I can ping x.x.x.1 and all is fine, and I can launch pppoe sessions and
connect and everything works as expected. But, if I do this on a BDI
interface, it fails:

Interface bdi3111
 encapsulation dot1Q 3111
 ip address y.y.y.1 255.255.255.0
 pppoe enable group global

I can ping y.y.y.1 and all is fine. However, pppoe doesn't come up. Even
doing a pppoe-discover (to list all responding AC's) gives me nothing.
Also, I cannot configure the 'pppoe max-sessions' command under this BDI
interface.

My IOS-XE version is 03.10.05.S

What Im really trying to do is to setup direct EoMPLS between the router
and remote sites and offer a PPPoE service. I am presently doing this by
using a switch and having an eompls tunnel from the remote site to the
switch, which then decapsulates and dumps of pppoe. I just thought it
would be a neat trick to just go directly to the router pppoe-over-mple.

Mike-

Re: asr920 pppoe on bdi [ In reply to ]
On 17/Apr/20 09:04, Mike wrote:

> What Im really trying to do is to setup direct EoMPLS between the router
> and remote sites and offer a PPPoE service. I am presently doing this by
> using a switch and having an eompls tunnel from the remote site to the
> switch, which then decapsulates and dumps of pppoe. I just thought it
> would be a neat trick to just go directly to the router pppoe-over-mple.

Maybe this will help:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/other-service-provider-subjects/pppoe-sessions-asr920/m-p/3325606#M3721

Mark.