Juniper and Cisco routers when running 3x 10Gb/sec via LACP?
Thanks,
Hank
Re: LACP between Cisco and Juniper - issues? [ In reply to ]
On 28/01/2020 15:00, Hank Nussbacher wrote:
> Has anyone ever seen any TCP performance issues (not UDP) between
> Juniper and Cisco routers when running 3x 10Gb/sec via LACP?

I think it may be prudent to expand on "what type" of performance issues
you see affecting TCP traffic.

--
Tom
Re: LACP between Cisco and Juniper - issues? [ In reply to ]
> On 28/01/2020 15:00, Hank Nussbacher wrote:
> >/Has anyone ever seen any TCP performance issues (not UDP) between />/Juniper and Cisco routers when running 3x 10Gb/sec via LACP? /
>
> I think it may be prudent to expand on "what type" of performance issues
> you see affecting TCP traffic.
>
> --
> Tom

?
Using Google Backup&Sync
https://www.google.com/drive/download/backup-and-sync/

Backup&Sync Direct connection:
From  Win10 to Google: ~25MBps on 3 streams.

Backup&Sync via Chrome browser (UDP based):
From  Win10 to Google.com/drive: ~290Mbit on 3 streams

Numerous other tests performed to eliminate W10 issue vs Linux issues vs
upload vs download.

Just wondering whether we have an esoteric issue with LACP between Cisco
and Juniper gear.

-Hank

Re: LACP between Cisco and Juniper - issues? [ In reply to ]
On 28/01/2020 17:43, Hank Nussbacher wrote:
> Just wondering whether we have an esoteric issue with LACP between Cisco
> and Juniper gear.

Probably not, based on that discussion.

Look at how many errors you're incurring per link -- even small amounts
of background errors (on either side) could cause TCP to throttle back
(UDP would just blast on).

Tom
Re: LACP between Cisco and Juniper - issues? [ In reply to ]
On 28/01/2020 17:43, Hank Nussbacher wrote:
> Backup&Sync Direct connection:
> From  Win10 to Google: ~25MBps on 3 streams.
>
> Backup&Sync via Chrome browser (UDP based):
> From  Win10 to Google.com/drive: ~290Mbit on 3 streams

... On the other hand, If you really do mean 25 MegaBytes (200Mbit/sec)
and 290Megabits, these figures are a lot closer together than suggested...?

--
Tom