but time is up to order any.

I asked a couple people and they say that they believe the Cisco 2600's use
the same flash. Anyone know if this is true? Because I have a couple of
16Meg flash modules for a 2600 that I can cannibalize to get going. I
already know that pairs are required for the flash SIMMs, so I'd be putting
in 32Megs which is a bit of overkill I realize :)

Thanks,
Chris
Re: [nsp] flash memory for AS5300's [ In reply to ]
i've found that most of the Cisco flash is
interoperable. you may need to xmodem new software
in and reformat the flash device.

- jared

Jared Mauch | pgp key available via finger from jared@puck.nether.net
clue++; | http://puck.nether.net/~jared/ My statements are only mine.
Re: [nsp] flash memory for AS5300's [ In reply to ]
Actually, if your bootflash module is big enough for any real IOS version,
you can put one there, and it'll boot from that when you put a blank or
otherwise unreadable 16mb flash module into the flash slot. I don't know
why (i.e. I didn't do it), but I found an AS5300 on our network running
normal IOS from bootflash.

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002, Jared Mauch wrote:

> i've found that most of the Cisco flash is
> interoperable. you may need to xmodem new software
> in and reformat the flash device.
>
> - jared
>
> On Fri, Aug 09, 2002 at 01:23:53PM -0600, Cisco Geek Rotation wrote:
> > I've been backed into a corner. I need flash memory for a 5396 instantly
> > but time is up to order any.
> >
> > I asked a couple people and they say that they believe the Cisco 2600's use
> > the same flash. Anyone know if this is true? Because I have a couple of
> > 16Meg flash modules for a 2600 that I can cannibalize to get going. I
> > already know that pairs are required for the flash SIMMs, so I'd be putting
> > in 32Megs which is a bit of overkill I realize :)
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chris

> Jared Mauch | pgp key available via finger from jared@puck.nether.net
> clue++; | http://puck.nether.net/~jared/ My statements are only mine.

Jon Lewis *jlewis@lewis.org*| I route
System Administrator | therefore you are
Atlantic Net |
Re: [nsp] flash memory for AS5300's [ In reply to ]
I've done that a few times myself because the bootflash:
is a *LOT* faster to copy files to/from.

"back in the day" when the rsp images would fit in bootflash:
as well as the 7200 images in the 4m bootflash they had it was
a great thing to do for reducing boot time.

- jared