ASA Version: 9.1(7)32
ADSM Version: 7.12(2)

i want configure Hight Availability and Scalability Wizards but that's
don't work.
I click on the button: no action, the wizards don't start

someone has already encountered the problem ?

thanks
Olivier
Re: Cisco ASA5550 and Wizard High Availability ? [ In reply to ]
On 02/09/2019 09:47, Olivier CALVANO wrote:
> Hi
>
> I use 2 Cisco ASA5550:
> ASA Version: 9.1(7)32
> ADSM Version: 7.12(2)
>
> i want configure Hight Availability and Scalability Wizards but that's
> don't work.
> I click on the button: no action, the wizards don't start
>
> someone has already encountered the problem ?

I don't think you can use ASDM 7.12(2) with ASA 9.1

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asamatrx.html

> thanks
> Olivier

Giles Coochey

Re: Cisco ASA5550 and Wizard High Availability ? [ In reply to ]
On 9/2/2019 4:53 AM, Giles Coochey wrote:

> On 02/09/2019 09:47, Olivier CALVANO wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I use 2 Cisco ASA5550:
>> ASA Version: 9.1(7)32
>> ADSM Version: 7.12(2)
>>
>> i want configure Hight Availability and Scalability Wizards but that's
>> don't work.
>> I click on the button: no action, the wizards don't start
>>
>> someone has already encountered the problem ?
>
> I don't think you can use ASDM 7.12(2) with ASA 9.1
>
> https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asamatrx.html

Generally you can use newer ASDM images, note the matrix you link shows
7.5(2)+.

Cheers,

dtb
Re: Cisco ASA5550 and Wizard High Availability ? [ In reply to ]
On 03/09/2019 13:24, Dave Brockman wrote:
> On 9/2/2019 4:53 AM, Giles Coochey wrote:
>> On 02/09/2019 09:47, Olivier CALVANO wrote:
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I use 2 Cisco ASA5550:
>>> ASA Version: 9.1(7)32
>>> ADSM Version: 7.12(2)
>>>
>>> i want configure Hight Availability and Scalability Wizards but that's
>>> don't work.
>>> I click on the button: no action, the wizards don't start
>>>
>>> someone has already encountered the problem ?
>> I don't think you can use ASDM 7.12(2) with ASA 9.1
>>
>> https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asamatrx.html
> Generally you can use newer ASDM images, note the matrix you link shows
> 7.5(2)+.

I may have quickly found the wrong link by lack of google-fu, I seem to
have recollection of finding notes for 7.12(2) to say it's not fully
compatible with earlier versions beyond a certain age.

--
Giles Coochey

Re: Cisco ASA5550 and Wizard High Availability ? [ In reply to ]
On 9/3/2019 8:30 AM, Giles Coochey wrote:

> On 03/09/2019 13:24, Dave Brockman wrote:

>>> I don't think you can use ASDM 7.12(2) with ASA 9.1
>>>
>>> https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asa/compatibility/asamatrx.html
>>>
>> Generally you can use newer ASDM images, note the matrix you link shows
>> 7.5(2)+.
>
> I may have quickly found the wrong link by lack of google-fu, I seem to
> have recollection of finding notes for 7.12(2) to say it's not fully
> compatible with earlier versions beyond a certain age.

"Because ASDM is backwards compatible with earlier ASA releases, you can
upgrade ASDM no matter which ASA version you are running." [1]

Unless it was very early in the PDM days, the above has always been the
case.

Cheers,

dtb

[1] -
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asdm/7_12/release/notes/rn712.html
Re: Cisco ASA5550 and Wizard High Availability ? [ In reply to ]
On 03/09/2019 13:52, Dave Brockman wrote:
> On 9/3/2019 8:30 AM, Giles Coochey wrote:

>>> Generally you can use newer ASDM images, note the matrix you link shows
>>> 7.5(2)+.
>> I may have quickly found the wrong link by lack of google-fu, I seem to
>> have recollection of finding notes for 7.12(2) to say it's not fully
>> compatible with earlier versions beyond a certain age.
> "Because ASDM is backwards compatible with earlier ASA releases, you can
> upgrade ASDM no matter which ASA version you are running." [1]
>
> Unless it was very early in the PDM days, the above has always been the
> case.
>
> Cheers,
>
> dtb
>
> [1] -
> https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/asdm/7_12/release/notes/rn712.html

Well, either way, it resolved the OPs problem