Mark Drayton
izR Solutions Ltd
Tel: +44 08707 447799
RE: [nsp] Removing frame relay subif [ In reply to ]
Only way ive ever found is a reboot ;)

lee

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Drayton [mailto:mark.drayton@izrsolutions.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 08, 2002 12:13 PM
To: cisco-nsp@puck.nether.net
Subject: [nsp] Removing frame relay subif

Hi

I have a 7204VXR (12.2(5d)) with a PA-E3 and a frame relay subif that won't
go away:

core-01.th#sh ip int br | inc 191
Serial2/0.191 unassigned YES manual deleted down

core-01.th#conf t
Enter configuration commands, one per line. End with CNTL/Z.
core-01.th(config)#no int s2/0.191 % Not all config may be removed and may
reappear after reactivating the sub-interface core-01.th(config)#^Z
core-01.th#sh ip int br | inc 191
Serial2/0.191 unassigned YES manual deleted down

How can I remove it? It's not affecting the router at all, it's just bugging
me :I

Mark Drayton
izR Solutions Ltd
Tel: +44 08707 447799 _______________________________________________
Re: [nsp] Removing frame relay subif [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Mark Drayton wrote:

> core-01.th#sh ip int br | inc 191
> Serial2/0.191 unassigned YES manual deleted down
>
> How can I remove it? It's not affecting the router at all, it's just
> bugging me :I

IIRC, you must reload the router for it to no longer be listed.

--
Hagen Amen, Network Analyst
http://www.multcolib.org/
Re: [nsp] Removing frame relay subif [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 8 Aug 2002 10:00:32 -0700 (PDT) Hagen Amen <hagena@multcolib.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Mark Drayton wrote:
>
> > core-01.th#sh ip int br | inc 191
> > Serial2/0.191 unassigned YES manual deleted down
> >
> > How can I remove it? It's not affecting the router at all, it's just
> > bugging me :I
>
> IIRC, you must reload the router for it to no longer be listed.

Yup, it's a pain in the ar*e - if you accidentally define a frame
subinterface as point to {point,multipoint} you can't change it's type to
the other one without deleting it and rebooting.

--
Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan@complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines,
I'm just learning new things with the passage of time
Re: [nsp] Removing frame relay subif [ In reply to ]
I have seen this a lot on various versions of IOS 11.3 - 12.1. The
deleted sub-interface won't go away until the router is rebooted or
the port adapter is removed. It doesn't cause any problems.