"ip address x.x.x.x x.x.x.x secondary"

[.The interface is running HSRP on the primary address but not on the secondary]

I have an IP helper on the interface to my DHCP server.

I have created an additional superscope on the DHCP server so that I can have 500+ IP addresses on the same wire.

The problem is I cannot see the secondary IP address from the network (cannot ping it from a client machine or even from the router itself). If I do a show run the interface has accepted the address. If I ping the broadcast address for the secondary subnet I get a response from all IP addresses on both the primary and the secondary subnets. If I manually edit a client PC with an IP address from the secondary range but use the primary address gateway as the default then the machine can communicate over the network., but if I allocate the default gateway as the secondary IP address on the interface the client cannot see it??

Any ideas guys?

Regards

Tel
RE: [nsp] Secondary IP address not seen [ In reply to ]

Terry:

Are you still having issues with this device or did you figure it
out?

==DMT>

- ----SIGNAURE-------
Douglas M. Todd, Jr.
CCNA, CCNP, CIT
Network Engineering
Partners Health Care
Building 149
149 13 Street
Charlestown, MA 02129-200
Tel: 617.726.1403
Email: dtodd@partners.org
PGP Finger Print: 9429 CAE3 B2D1 C2E1 DFBC E7A6 E90A 9BE5 C7B6 47BC
Key available via email.
Verisign S/N: 3ff65cdf58b9dceda004baeed49e16cf
https://digitalid.verisign.com/services/client/index.html