though I followed the procedure it did not work. Could someone please inform
me as to the correct procedure/cable etc.?

Very much appreciated!
Re: [nsp] wic-1dsu-t1 back to back [ In reply to ]
Create a T1 crossover cable. Wire pin 1 (near) to pin 4 (far). Wire pin 2
(near) to pin 5 (far). Wire pin 4 (near) to pin 1 (far). Wire pin 5 (near)
to pin 2 (far).

Set the clock source on one end to internal.

conf t
int sX/Y
service-module t1 clock source internal
^z

Should be happy as a clam. Be sure to remove the clock source when running
over a telco.