Mailing List Archive

[nsp] Re: SANDISK Cards working in PC's !
To be more detailed -

The ATA flash support in IOS uses a FAT16 filesystem. The cards should first
be formatted on the IOS in order to get proper bootstrap behavior, but after
that you can move files around at will with a PC. There are a few limitations
such as not putting more than 255 files in the root directory. But the convenience
of using a laptop was on our minds when we created the support.

Barry

RE: [nsp] Re: SANDISK Cards working in PC's ! [ In reply to ]
hi,

is anyone aware of a driver for win or *nix that'd be capable of reading/writing cisco-proprietary flash filesystems (e.g. those used with flash ram cards like those used with rsp's)

thanks

--

Tomas Daniska
systems engineer

A transistor protected by a fast-acting fuse will protect the fuse by blowing first.

RE: [nsp] Re: SANDISK Cards working in PC's ! [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 29 Jul 2002, Daniska Tomas wrote:
> is anyone aware of a driver for win or *nix that'd be capable of
> reading/writing cisco-proprietary flash filesystems (e.g. those used
> with flash ram cards like those used with rsp's)

ftp://ftp.bbc.co.uk/pub/ciscoflash/

-Dan
--
[-] Omae no subete no kichi wa ore no mono da. [-]