Is there a MIB to get the ARP table of a router? Should be one I would think but can't find it.

Thanks!

-Charlie
Re: [nsp] ARP Table via SNMP? [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 10:57:46 -0600 Charlie Warner <cwarner@myrealbox.com> wrote:

> Is there a MIB to get the ARP table of a router? Should be one I would
> think but can't find it.

Yes, .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.at.atTable.atEntry.atPhysAddress will
do what you want.

--
Ryan O'Connell - CCIE #8174
<ryan@complicity.co.uk> - http://www.complicity.co.uk

I'm not losing my mind, no I'm not changing my lines,
I'm just learning new things with the passage of time
Re: [nsp] ARP Table via SNMP? [ In reply to ]

Re: [nsp] ARP Table via SNMP? [ In reply to ]
"Ryan O'Connell" said

+
+Yes, .iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.at.atTable.atEntry.atPhysAddress will
+do what you want.

That works but the mib entry is depricated. The entry they want
you to use instead is:

Directory: ~ip/ipNetToMediaTable/ipNetToMediaEntry/ipNetToMediaPhysAddress
OID: 1.3.6.1.2.1.4.22.1.2

The "at" entry was put in the MIB with the implicit assumption
that no protocol other than IP would ever use ARP. That's why
something different was needed. My experience is that cisco
supports both. Other router vendors do not.