Mailing List Archive

automatically busy isdn channels as they get free
Hi,

On a 5350 i'm trying to find a way to make the isdn channels of a pri seem busy, when they get free.

I've found the following, but i don't want to make all of them busy; just the free ones. And as soon as a channel gets free, i
want it to be blocked automatically.

5350(config-if)#isdn busy ?
b_channel Specify the B-channel or range of B-channels, 0 for the complete interface.
dsl Specify the DSL value (DEPRECATED).

dial-ath-24(config-if)#isdn service b_channel 0 state ?
<0-2> Valid states are 0=Inservice 1=Maint 2=Outofservice

In other words, i want to block the isdn channels, but not disconnect the current users. So after some days, all channels will be
blocked and i will be able to do maintenance on the router without affecting anyone.

--
Tassos
Re: automatically busy isdn channels as they get free [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On 27 Dec 2007, at 14:39, Tassos Chatzithomaoglou wrote:
> In other words, i want to block the isdn channels, but not
> disconnect the current users. So after some days, all channels will be
> blocked and i will be able to do maintenance on the router without
> affecting anyone.

You could just configure 'aaa preauth' to a non existent RADIUS server
(or a real one which just replies with access-rejects if you really
want to) - this should then reject all new calls with a busy tone.

--
aaa group server radius preauth
server 10.0.0.1 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813

aaa preauth
group preauth
--

You might also need to set the ISDN guard-timer on your serial
interface(s) to reject calls when it can't reach your RADIUS server -

--
int serial 0:15
isdn guard-timer 1000 on-expiry reject

See:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121newft/121t/121t2/dtpreaut.htm

Jaco

--
bje@serendipity.org.za
the faculty of making fortunate discoveries