using 2 T1 interface to do it. The call comes to the gateway and goes to the
T1, then comes back to the gateway from another T1 port. I change the codec
on the outgoing voip call leg.
Is it possible to send the VoIP call to AS5350 then route it to VoIP
directly? It means both incoming call leg and outgoing call leg is VoIP in
the dial-peer so that I don't need to do the back to back/loop back
connection and save the T1/E1 interface.

David

Re: VoIP leg to VoIP lge dial-peer [ In reply to ]
David,

Yes this is possible.
This is called Cisco Unified Border Element (previously IP-IP Gateway
functionality).

This is supported on the AS5350XM and AS5400XM with IOS image
12.4M and later.

Older chassis do not support this.

Regards,
Darryl Sladden
Product Manager
Cisco Systems - Access Technology Group
dsladden@cisco.com
Phone: 408-525-8970
Cell: 408-505-2510

Re: VoIP leg to VoIP lge dial-peer [ In reply to ]
Hi Darryl,
Thank you for your assistance.
My chassis information is as following, is it ok for this feature?
Thanks.

Cisco IOS Software, 5350 Software (C5350-IK9S-M), Version 12.4(3), RELEASE
SOFTWARE (fc2)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2005 by Cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Fri 22-Jul-05 06:07 by hqluong

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 12.2(1r)1, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
BOOTLDR: 5350 Software (C5350-BOOT-M), Version 12.2(2)XB2, EARLY DEPLOYMENT
RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Gateway5350 uptime is 4 weeks, 2 days, 35 minutes
System returned to ROM by reload at 15:26:22 EST Tue Aug 28 2007
System image file is "flash:c5350-ik9s-mz.124-3.bin"