Mailing List Archive

Missing Calling-Station-ID in Access-Request
Hi all

we rae using cisco uBR 7246, as our PPPoE
concentrator and NAS , we are running IOS (tm) 7200
Software (UBR7200-IK8S-M), Version 12.2(11)BC3, EARLY
DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc2) on this uBR ,

we are presently using the Radius Authentication
for all the PPPoE dialin Users , but when i see in the
debug mode by enabling "debug radius", debug aaa
authentication" & "debug aaa accounting" i cant see
cisco uBR sending "Calling-Station-Id" attribute to
the radius , which i think sould contain value of the
customer's MAC Address if i am correct ?? pls correct
me if i am wrong here ?

now i check out every option on the Ubr to enable
this i even tried these following commands

aaa group server radius accountgroup
server 20.17.92.2 auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646
server 20.17.92.1 auth-port 1645 acct-port 1646
authorization accept default ( added this command)
!
then
radius-server attribute list default

and also added "calling-station-ID" attribute under
attribute list (Default the one created by above
command)

than also i cant see cisco uBR our NAS sending the
Calling-Station-ID to the radius server ,

i even tried doing this

my-cmts02(config)#radius-server attribute ?
11 Filter-Id attribute configuration
188 Num-In-Multilink attribute configuration
218 Address-Pool attribute
32 NAS-Identifier attribute
4 NAS IP address attribute
44 Acct-Session-Id attribute
6 Service-Type attribute
69 Tunnel-Password attribute
8 Framed IP address attribute
list List of Attribute Types
nas-port NAS-Port attribute configuration

but as u see there isnt any thing mentioned for
"calling-station-ID" (31) so i was not able to enable
it ,

so if any one knows anything about this then kindly
let me know what i am missing here ? what should i do
to enable it so that it starts sending
calling-station-ID attribute?

regards
Prashant

http://search.yahoo.com

Re: [c-ubr] Missing Calling-Station-ID in Access-Request [ In reply to ]
I think you will need to configure the following
commands to get this working:

radius-server vsa send accounting
radius-server vsa send authentication

Take a look at the following example for reference:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1839/products_feature_guide_chapter09186a00800b5de5.html

Eventhough the example is not from a uBR7246 you can
see the NAS(AS5300) sending radius attribute 31 to the
radius-server.

Hope this helps !

Adeel.

http://search.yahoo.com
Re: Missing Calling-Station-ID in Access-Request [ In reply to ]
We don't send the MAC address in the Calling-Station-Id field. We do
send it in a Cisco VSA called "client-mac-address" though, but you
need CSCdw44464 which is not in your version of code. It doesn't look
like there is any uBR release which has this feature in it right now.

Dennis