Mailing List Archive

Call statistics options?
This electronic message is not binding on its sender nor on Cetrel S.C.
Any use of information of this mail except the use by the addressee
within his or her business relation with Cetrel is strictly forbidden
CETREL S.C. L-2956 Luxembourg; Tel: 00352 35566-1; http://www.cetrel.lu

Hi all,

What are the options to get call statistics out of an AS5400? We're
interested in some call parameters like call duration, called number,
maybe bytes in/out.

So far I've seen these options:

- syslog: modem call records. I don't like this, because it fills my
syslog files, and I need to extract the calls with some scripts from
the other syslog messages (syslog-ng is not an option).

- calltracker SNMP traps: I've not been able to get these working (IOS
is c5400-is-mz.122-2.XB10). Is this a known bug? Otherwise, once it
works, this seems to be a viable option.

- Tacacs/Radius: we have a tacacs server, but I am not sure it will
handle the load very well. We're looking at some 60000 calls a day.
Although, it stays below 10 calls/sec.... The good part is it's the
open-source Tacacs+ daemon so I could modify the source to log the
format & details I want only.

Anything I am overlooking? Any comments about the above?

Cheers, and thanks

Michel

--

Michel Lanners | "Being able to break security
PRO-SSC | doesn't make you a hacker