Mailing List Archive

RE: [cisco-bba] Re: multilink over asymmetric links
Thomas Braun <> wrote on Friday, December 23, 2005 2:19 PM:

> Hi,
>
>> Is there a way of solving such a problem?
>>
>> I guess multilink calculates its weight algorithm from the bandwidth
>> of the joined links in some way, but i can't find a way of changing
>> it under the per user virtual-access interfaces (l2tp).
>>

> Have you tried this:
> cisco-avpair = "lcp:interface-config=bandwidth XXX"
> I don't now if this works but i would try it.

this will be applied on the multilink bundle, and not on the member
links. If the LAC sends the corret bandwidth via L2TP AVP 38 (Rx speed),
the LNS will honor this and sets the multilink weights accordingly.
Search the cisco-nsp archives for the "Multilink PPP incorrect weights"
thread in Jan 2005 where this has been discussed before

oli