Mailing List Archive

RE: Lost fragments shdsl mlp
RE: Lost fragments shdsl multilink

Hi

I'm multilinking two shdsl links , but when i do i get lost fragments

Virtual-Access4, bundle name is DSLStack
Endpoint discriminator is DSLStack
Bundle up for 00:23:49, 27/255 load, 2 receive classes, 1 transmit classes
Receive buffer limit 24384 bytes per class, frag timeout 1000 ms
Dialer interface is Dialer1
Receive Class 0:
0/0 fragments/bytes in reassembly list
2726 lost fragments, 164501 reordered
2681/2036853 discarded fragments/bytes, 2700 lost received
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
0x7F8EC received sequence
Receive Class 1:
0/0 fragments/bytes in reassembly list
0 lost fragments, 0 reordered
0/0 discarded fragments/bytes, 0 lost received
0x0 received sequence
Member links: 2 (max 2, min not set)
Vi2, since 00:23:49
PPPoATM link, ATM PVC 0/38 on ATM0/1.1
Packets in ATM PVC Holdq: 0, Particles in ATM PVC Tx Ring: 0
Vi3, since 00:23:49
PPPoATM link, ATM PVC 0/38 on ATM0/0.1
Packets in ATM PVC Holdq: 0, Particles in ATM PVC Tx Ring: 0
No inactive multilink interfaces

interface Dialer1
mtu 1448
bandwidth 4096
no ip proxy-arp
ip rip advertise 25
encapsulation ppp
no ip route-cache cef
no ip route-cache
dialer pool 1
dialer idle-timeout 0
no peer default ip address
no cdp enable
ppp max-bad-auth 3
ppp multilink
ppp hostname <l>
ppp pasword <l>
ppp multilink fragment disable
ppp multilink links maximum 2
ppp multilink mrru remote 1448
ppp multilink multiclass

Re: RE: Lost fragments shdsl mlp [ In reply to ]
Not clear to me from your posting what your overall lost fragment :
MLPPP frame ratio is.
If you're losing like one fragment per 10000 MLPPP frames, I probably
wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Now, if you really ARE seeing performance problems which are associated
with these lost fragments, then I would first focus on how the member
links are behaving. Are you seeing any layer 1 errors on them? Are you
getting lost cells? Etc.

If it looks like the member links are behaving perfectly but you are
nonetheless seeing lost fragments, then you way want to fiddle with the
"ppp multilink slippage" knob. We haven't properly documented this, but
you can see some info on it here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5012/prod_release_note09186a008027c166.html#wp66578

Cheers,

Aaron