Mailing List Archive

Re: [c-nsp] per-user MCQ on vaccess interfaces?
HI,

On Wed, Nov 16, 2005 at 12:21:20PM +1100, Nick Shah wrote:
> Both MQC and CAR are supported. Using Radiator (other radiuses syntax
> would differ) here's how we do it.
[..]
> MQC :
>
> cisco-avpair = "lcp:interface-config#6=service-policy out
> CE-Pol-16kI-240kBD",
> Framed-IP-Address = 10.255.64.238
>
> Ps. The actual policy map (and subsequent class maps) should be
> preconfigured on the router.

Well - that's actually more along the line of "per-user config not
being supported" :-/

Pre-requisite in our case is that the service-policies can contain
user-specific elements (for VPN services with QoS), and that we do
NOT want to configure the stuff on the NAS.

Well. So either it's "do this with a unix box" (mpd on FreeBSD *can*
do this), or "run scripts to nightly pre-configure all policy maps
for non-standard users on the NAS".

Thanks for your feedback.

gert

--
Gert Doering
Mobile communications ... right now writing from * traveling to Tokyo *