Mailing List Archive

Re: [cisco-voip] hairpin IP traffic to other router
On Tuesday 08 November 2005 12:48, Timothy Medley wrote:
> Maybe I'm missing something here, but why not just
> send the SIP traffic directly to the second AS5400?
>
> tm
Hi,
Basically, 90% of the traffic is terminated on router1, but some prefixes need
to be sent over to router2 which has other carriers connected to its E1s.
In this case I don't have access to the IP phones to do the call-routing
there.
I could also setup something like SER to do this, but then I'd need GNUgk or
something for the H323 phones, or go with Cisco CallManager, but i thought it
should be pretty simple to do this on an as5400 directly...

Richard.