Cisco 3620 PPPoE server configuration
Dear All,

I would like to configure Cisco 3620 router as PPPoE server that uses RADIUS
server as authenticating and accounting. However, I am very new to PPPoE
configuration. Your help on documentation or ideas would be much
appreciated.

Regards,

Souphonh
Re: Cisco 3620 PPPoE server configuration [ In reply to ]
Dear Souphonh,

aaa new-model

aaa authentication ppp mounir group radius local
aaa authorization network mounir group radius
aaa accounting exec mounir start-stop group radius
aaa accounting network mounir start-stop group radius

interface Virtual-Template15
ip unnumbered Loopback0
no peer default ip address
ppp authentication pap mounir
ppp authorization mounir
ppp accounting mounir
end

radius-server host x.x.x.x auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 key mounir123

Best Regrads,

Mounir Mohamed

Re: Cisco 3620 PPPoE server configuration [ In reply to ]
Dear Souphonh,

vpdn-group mounir

accept-dialin

protocol pppoe

virtual-template 11

interface Virtual-Template11

ip unnumbered FastEthernet0/0

ppp authentication pap mounir

ppp authorization mounir

ppp accounting mounir

aaa new-model

aaa authentication ppp mounir group radius local
aaa authorization network mounir group radius
aaa accounting exec mounir start-stop group radius
aaa accounting network mounir start-stop group radius

interface Virtual-Template15
ip unnumbered Loopback0
no peer default ip address
ppp authentication pap mounir
ppp authorization mounir
ppp accounting mounir
end

radius-server host x.x.x.x auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 key mounir123

Then enable the PPPOE on the incoming session interface for example

interface fastethernet 1/0
pppoe enable

Best Regrads,

Mounir Mohamed

RE: Cisco 3620 PPPoE server configuration [ In reply to ]
Dear Mounir,

Thank you very much for your solution. On your configuration, please verify
the following points if I understand correctly:

1. FastEthernet 0/0 is connected to PPPoE customers
2. FastEthernet 1/0 is connected to the Internet

Can we use dial-in pool address as the same way as we do with PPP NAS? Also
in your configuration, there is 2 virtual-template (11 and 15), which one
should we use?

Regards,
Souphonh