Mailing List Archive

7204vxr - IP NAT multiple inside global
Hi guys,

I have the following config for NAT translations using the 7204 to terminate
a small number of PPPOE sessions and expecting it to double over next month
or so.. Most just get a public IP and don't do NAT but some I allocate an
address to go through NAT.

interface GigabitEthernet0/2

description Interface for Internet Access

ip address x.x.x.x 255.255.255.240

ip nat outside

ip virtual-reassembly in

duplex auto

speed auto

media-type rj45

negotiation auto

!

ip nat inside source list 100 interface GigabitEthernet0/2 overload

access-list 100 remark IP list allowed to NAT

I want to be able to use a larger range of IPs for the inside global but my
google fu and understanding is failing me.. say I wanted to allocate..
192.168.0.1/29 how would I do that?

I also have an NPE-G2 in it, what would be a reasonable number of sessions
for it to be able to terminate?

Thanks,

Nathan
Re: 7204vxr - IP NAT multiple inside global [ In reply to ]
Hi Nathan,

This link should help you with using pools for a range of public IPs.

http://www.freeccnaworkbook.com/workbooks/ccna/configuring-a-network-address-translation-nat-pool

I have had thousands of sessions terminate on 7201s before but it didn't include NAT and the total throughput was under 500M.

Hope that help.

Vaibhav

Re: 7204vxr - IP NAT multiple inside global [ In reply to ]
Unless you meant something else, you probably need something like

ip nat pool POOL1 192.168.1.10 192.168.1.254 netmask 255.255.255.0

Ip nat inside source list 99 pool POOL1

IP ranslate private IP range specified by access list 99 to public range
specified by POOL1 or something like that.

Siumafua