Cheers

Stadtpirat

* https://github.com/blog/1452-new-github-pages-domain-github-io

Re: Migration of website is done. [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 7 Apr 2013, - - wrote:

> - Please hide the bugtracker from code.google.com/cherokee. Issues will
> remain and can still be reached via the imported issues on Github, but
> it will not be visible in the menus on the Google-repository.

Some bugs still have attachments, so completely removing is a bad idea :)

Stefan
Re: Migration of website is done. [ In reply to ]
I know and you are right. :)

Just to clarify: Hiding is not removing. It just disappears from the Main navigation menu, but can still be reached via URL, or the Github issues that have been imported from there, because in every imported issue is a hyperlink to it's origin.

Stadtpirat

Re: Migration of website is done. [ In reply to ]

> - I believe we should now redirect www.cherokee-project.com to
> cherokee.github.io*.

I suggest setting it up as a custom domain (CNAME) rather than doing a
redirect -
https://help.github.com/articles/setting-up-a-custom-domain-with-pages

Re: Migration of website is done. [ In reply to ]
Thanks Alvaro, I just need someone to merge this commit and then the CNAME
should work :)

https://github.com/cherokee/cherokee.github.com/pull/6

Re: Migration of website is done. [ In reply to ]
http://cherokee-project.com/ is now live on Github Pages. Awesome :)

Re: Migration of website is done. [ In reply to ]
Good work people!

Re: Migration of website is done. [ In reply to ]
Great stuff!!

--
Greetings, alo.
http://www.alobbs.com/
Re: Migration of website is done. [ In reply to ]
Hi.

To use CNAME on root domain is invalid as RFC. It has many troubles.

http://blog.cherokee-project.com/ 404
http://planet.cherokee-project.com/ 404
http://forum.cherokee-project.com/ 404
MX record: none.

I propose to use www.cherokee-project.com. IN CNAME cherokee.github.io.

cf.
http://superuser.com/questions/264913/cant-set-example-com-as-a-cname-record

thanks,
matsuu

Re: Migration of website is done. [ In reply to ]
Oh yeah, I totally forgot about that.
As per
https://help.github.com/articles/setting-up-a-custom-domain-with-pages, Github
support using an A record for root domains (204.232.175.78).

Re: Migration of website is done. [ In reply to ]
Thank you very much Makuto.

It should be fixed now.

All the best,
Alvaro

Greetings, alo.
http://www.alobbs.com/
Re: Migration of website is done. [ In reply to ]
Hi.

cherokee-project.com displays frames with www.cherokee-project.com.
www.cherokee-project redirects to cherokee-project.com. It seems that
redirect loop.

thanks,
matsuu

Re: Migration of website is done. [ In reply to ]
Alvaro, perhaps cherokee-project.com should be using an A record for Github
as per their docs for Github Pages on a root domain.

---
Regards,
Daniel

Sent from my phone - please excuse any typos.