Mailing List Archive

cherokee.pot
Hello,

I am wondering about the first few lines when executing 'make'. Why is there something downloaded from the internet and does it have to be like this? I mean we have no control about that file, why not putting it on Github?

> Script started on Sun 03 Feb 2013 12:45:30 CET
> root@debian:/usr/local/src/webserver# make
> make  all-recursive
> make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/webserver'
> Making all in po
> make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/webserver/po'
> Making all in admin
> make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/webserver/po/admin'
> make cherokee.pot-update
> make[4]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/webserver/po/admin'
> sed -e '/^#/d' remove-potcdate.sin > t-remove-potcdate.sed
> mv t-remove-potcdate.sed remove-potcdate.sed
> if [ ! -f ./cherokee.pot ]; then \
>        wget -O tmp.po http://www.cherokee-project.com/download/trunk/cherokee.pot; \
>           rm -f ./cherokee.pot; \
>           mv tmp.po ./cherokee.pot; \
>      fi
> --2013-02-03 12:45:33--  http://www.cherokee-project.com/download/trunk/cherokee.pot
> Resolving www.cherokee-project.com... 91.121.104.184
> Connecting to www.cherokee-project.com|91.121.104.184|:80... connected.
> HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
> Length: 45801 (45K) [text/plain]
> Saving to: `tmp.po'
> 2013-02-03 12:45:33 (452 KB/s) - `tmp.po' saved [45801/45801]
>
> if [ -f ./cherokee.po ]; then \
>           rm -f ./cherokee.po; \
>         fi
> if [ -w ./cherokee.po ]; then \
>           cp ./cherokee.pot ./cherokee.po; \
>         fi
> make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/webserver/po/admin'
> test ! -f ./cherokee.pot || \

Stadtpirat

Re: cherokee.pot [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 3 Feb 2013, - - wrote:

> I am wondering about the first few lines when executing 'make'. Why is
> there something downloaded from the internet and does it have to be like
> this? I mean we have no control about that file, why not putting it on
> Github?

I have honestly no idea why this is the case, and this file not under
version management. Is it possible that the file is just generated by an
external tool?

Stefan
Re: cherokee.pot [ In reply to ]
According to the directory listing at
http://www.cherokee-project.com/download/trunk/, the last modified date on
that file is yesterday, so something is touching it (maybe an automated
system of some kind).