Mailing List Archive

Issue 1382 in cherokee: Bugs in trac cookbook
Owner: ----

New issue 1382 by wimp...@gmail.com: Bugs in trac cookbook
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1382

I didn't find a place to suggest corrections to the documentation so I hope
this is a good place. While installing trac on cherokee, I had some
issues/feature requests with the documentation:

* the screenshot says localhost:8000 while the table has localhost:4433.
It's not a big issue, but some people (like me) could take the wrong port
number.
* the interpreter in the same table has the wrong syntax. For some reason
there's a backslash in the command which does not have to be there.
* when installing trac on opensuse, tracd can be found in /usr/local/bin/
Maybe it could be a good suggestion to notice the user the path can be
different. I would even suggest to test the command as the same user who's
running cheroke
* I had to extract the /chrome/common path from the egg. I don't know if
it's just an issue on my side or a common problem.
* I'm missing any hints about the */login url. It's an important handler to
add if you want to be able to login.

I hope my info is useful.

Re: Issue 1382 in cherokee: Bugs in trac cookbook [ In reply to ]
Updates:
Labels: Type-Enhancement Priority-Low Component-Docs Component-Admin
Usability

Comment #1 on issue 1382 by ste...@konink.de: Bugs in trac cookbook
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=1382

We should update the screenshots with the valuable comments above. Keeping
in mind the feature request of php-fpm as manually configurable, this might
also be a good thing to add for trac.