Mailing List Archive

Issue 655 in cherokee: sys/ipc.h & sys/sem.h not found error on mingw
Owner: ----

New issue 655 by unexplained: sys/ipc.h & sys/sem.h not found error on mingw
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=655

first,thanks for this great httpd :),but it lacks for windows
support,because of latest version none available on any site,i try myself
to compile this baby,as title,when compiling using Mingw and mingsys,i
managed to completed the configure phase as on this page :
http://www.cherokee-project.com/doc/basics_installation_windows.html , but
when on the make,i've got this error :
------
In file included from ./common-internal.h:38,
from pcre/pcre_internal.h:49,
from pcre/pcre_try_flipped.c:47:
./error_log.h:54:1: warning: "LOG_WARNING" redefined
In file included from ./common-internal.h:32,
from pcre/pcre_internal.h:49,
from pcre/pcre_try_flipped.c:47:
./unix4win32.h:82:1: warning: this is the location of the previous
definition
In file included from pcre/pcre_internal.h:49,
from pcre/pcre_try_flipped.c:47:
./common-internal.h:93:21: sys/ipc.h: No such file or directory
./common-internal.h:94:21: sys/sem.h: No such file or directory
mingw32-make.exe[3]: *** [pcre_try_flipped.lo] Error 1
mingw32-make.exe[2]: *** [all] Error 2
mingw32-make.exe[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
mingw32-make.exe: *** [all] Error 2
---------------
my mingw and msys configuration :
GNU Make 3.81
autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.65
automake (GNU automake) 1.11
gcc version 3.4.5 (mingw-vista special r3)
---------------
my phython is v2.6
windows xp sp2 64 bit

from what i've read from the internet,those 2 header files are for *nix
platform only,do i missed something to compile this on windows?

Re: Issue 655 in cherokee: sys/ipc.h & sys/sem.h not found error on mingw [ In reply to ]
Comment #1 on issue 655 by ste...@konink.de: sys/ipc.h & sys/sem.h not
found error on mingw
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=655

http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=178

Did you check that one out?

Re: Issue 655 in cherokee: sys/ipc.h & sys/sem.h not found error on mingw [ In reply to ]
Comment #2 on issue 655 by unexplained: sys/ipc.h & sys/sem.h not found
error on mingw
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=655

hmm thanks,didn't work with latest svn 3933,are that patch going to applied
on svn?,i
guess for now i need to try manual patching :(

Re: Issue 655 in cherokee: sys/ipc.h & sys/sem.h not found error on mingw [ In reply to ]
Comment #3 on issue 655 by ste...@konink.de: sys/ipc.h & sys/sem.h not
found error on mingw
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=655

Why don't you take a version where windows was working or just the latest
binaries I
have provided:

http://kinkrsoftware.nl/contrib/cherokee/cherokee-win32-0.99.28.zip

There are seriously more important things to fix then the differences
between 0.99.28
and 0.9.31.

Re: Issue 655 in cherokee: sys/ipc.h & sys/sem.h not found error on mingw [ In reply to ]
Comment #4 on issue 655 by alobbs: sys/ipc.h & sys/sem.h not found error on
mingw
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=655

Let's take the required patches applied to get trunk compiling on Mingw
again. It'd
be certainly desirable to get it compiling smoothly again.

I'd be keen on getting the Windows package fully fixed before we release
Cherokee 1.0.

Re: Issue 655 in cherokee: sys/ipc.h & sys/sem.h not found error on mingw [ In reply to ]
Comment #5 on issue 655 by unexplained: sys/ipc.h & sys/sem.h not found
error on mingw
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=655

because latest version more secure?less bugs,i want to make it for
production
server,i just don't want in the middle of night my boss called me to fix
the server :(.

@alobbs

i hope that cherokee will looking at windows :)

Re: Issue 655 in cherokee: sys/ipc.h & sys/sem.h not found error on mingw [ In reply to ]
Comment #6 on issue 655 by unexplained: sys/ipc.h & sys/sem.h not found
error on mingw
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=655

because latest version more secure?less bugs,i want to make it for
production
server,i just don't want in the middle of night my boss called me to fix
the server :(.

@alobbs

i hope that cherokee will looking at windows :),native binaries by
microsoft compiler
or intel c++ compiler,i hope that i can help but my c++ is really not that
good,and
have no idea about python.

Re: Issue 655 in cherokee: sys/ipc.h & sys/sem.h not found error on mingw [ In reply to ]
Updates:
Labels: Type-Enhancement Priority-Low Usability OpSys-Windows

Comment #7 on issue 655 by ste...@konink.de: sys/ipc.h & sys/sem.h not
found error on mingw
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=655

Then you didn't get the message I guess. Even if I make it compile again
(what was
compiled was already natively), there are still issues with the Windows
version that
will prevent you from running *production* on it.

Re: Issue 655 in cherokee: sys/ipc.h & sys/sem.h not found error on mingw [ In reply to ]
Comment #8 on issue 655 by unexplained: sys/ipc.h & sys/sem.h not found
error on mingw
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=655

why windows is left out in cherokee development :(,any news about this?

Re: Issue 655 in cherokee: sys/ipc.h & sys/sem.h not found error on mingw [ In reply to ]
Updates:

Comment #9 on issue 655 by ste...@konink.de: sys/ipc.h & sys/sem.h not
found error on mingw
http://code.google.com/p/cherokee/issues/detail?id=655