Mailing List Archive

Catalyst based Content Management/Blogging
Hi All,

What's the "state of the art" these days for CMS & Blogging with
Catalyst (or just Perl and something else) - I'd prefer Catalyst as I
find it easy to work with and I'm pretty familiar with it.

Previously I've worked on a fork of denny's ShinyCMS project which is
nice enough, and added support for running multiple instances in a
single application, and now I have some nice code that allows
multi-tenant databases which can work nicely with catalyst
applications.

Cheers,

A.

--
Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons
http://www.aarontrevena.co.uk

Re: Catalyst based Content Management/Blogging [ In reply to ]
On 04/19/2018 10:36 AM, Aaron Trevena wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> What's the "state of the art" these days for CMS & Blogging with
> Catalyst (or just Perl and something else) - I'd prefer Catalyst as I
> find it easy to work with and I'm pretty familiar with it.
>
> Previously I've worked on a fork of denny's ShinyCMS project which is
> nice enough, and added support for running multiple instances in a
> single application, and now I have some nice code that allows
> multi-tenant databases which can work nicely with catalyst
> applications.
>
> Cheers,
>
> A.

Hi!
While I don't know any catalyst based full-fledged CMS, I think that's
worth investigating the work done on the RapidApp here
<http://www.rapidapp.info/>: I've successfully used the framework as a
stepping stone to manage simple data insertion/retrieval and more.
While the docs could be made more thorough, it is easy enough to build
an "admin" section for your front-end and start prototyping fast.

Also, the Rapi::Blog distro is well worth investigating to get a nice,
polished catalyst-based blogging platform!

--
Marco
Re: Catalyst based Content Management/Blogging [ In reply to ]
Hi ,

Please have a look at WebGUI
http://www.webgui.org/

I am not sure if it uses catalyst though

Regds

Rajesh Kumar Mallah.
Redgrape Technologies ( https://www.redgrape.tech )
Mobile: 09811255597, Land: 011-49044122

Opportunities are usually disguised as hard work, so most people don't
recognize them