Mailing List Archive

Don't log certain actions?
I have a more or less standard Catalyst app, using the Log::Dispatch plugin. Is there any way to avoid logging a certain action, or anything from a specific controller? I have something that's called very often and is never problematic, and it overwhelms the debug log.
Thanks!
Jen
Re: Don't log certain actions? [ In reply to ]
Hi ,

debug logs are supposed to be overwhelmed :-)

the usual approach to avoid debug lines is to bump up
the application loglevel to info or warn.

I assume you are consciously keeping the logging level to debug.

one way to filter out the specific kind of debug lines
would be a simple grep -v "pattern" , where pattern is something
specific you put in that section of application.

please look at NDC (nested diagn.. context) of Log4Perl
on how to push a specific prefix.

you may consider using Log4Perl via Log::Log4perl::Catalyst

Regds
Rajesh Mallah.