Mailing List Archive

Maintenance work appreciation [was: When will Catalyst reach 6.0?]
* Aristotle Pagaltzis <pagaltzis@gmx.de> [2014-12-20 15:26]:
> So I will answer myself: not in years, and who knows if ever.

P.S.: let it be clear I love all the refactoring and cleanup that has
gone into Catalyst in the meantime; thank you for your work, jnap. My
gripe about the pointlessly fugly version numbers is a gripe about just
that, not disregard or thanklessness about the work you have been doing
in general.

Re: Maintenance work appreciation [was: When will Catalyst reach 6.0?] [ In reply to ]
Thanks!
As I said, I've long communicated that v6 was reserved for more than bug fixes or minor feature enhancements.  I don't want to change that communication and confuse people.  At some point in 2015 we either have the energy we need to do a rethink v6 or we don't and then we'll be a v6 which is v5 minus the more egregious hacks.   The more assist I get closing tickets the faster all that will happen.
jnap