Mailing List Archive

logging problems running catalyst as a background daemon
I have a brand new installation of Catalyst (5.90042). I am trying to run
ScriptRunner using the --background flag. I discovered that after forking,
the child process closes all the file descriptors (at least the first
thousand). So I'm having trouble defining a logging engine.

http://search.cpan.org/~jjnapiork/Catalyst-Runtime-5.90053/lib/Catalyst/Log.pm#DESCRIPTION

This documentation isn't clear about where to place the log engine
definition. It's also slightly inconsistent with the
Log::Log4perl::Catalyst documentation:

$c->log( MyLogger->new ); ## Catalyst doc (first arg is blessed)
__PACKAGE__->log( Log::Log4perl:Catalyst->new ) ; ##
Log::Log4perl::Catalyst (first arg is package name scalar)

I'd prefer the latter approach. And tried using this statement to define
my logger in the setup_finalize() method. Doesn't work.
Is there another method, analogous to setup_finalize(), that runs after the
fork?

--
Thanks!

Sincerely,