Other things discussed

A) moving the Catalyst wiki to the github org.  Seems most people are slightly neutral to in favor, so lets give it a try.  I do recall someone volunteering for this :)
B) Anyone want to get together with Andrewalker and cook up a sample app using the existing BreadBoard branch?  Something simple, but showing off the possibilities

Something I've been thinking about

a) lots of projects have a project blog... Should we?  (mine doesn't count?)
b) what similar message as ^^ should we echo to the users mailing list?  Anyone have time to take a crack at that (just a more official soundin version of ^^ would suffice)

Thanks!
John
Re: TODO tasks for interested takers [ In reply to ]
On Sep 28, 2012, at 6:56 AM, John Napiorkowski <jjn1056@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hey All,
>
> I've been busy last two week (had the dog at the vet for some surgery and now it seems my wife's thrown her back out) so I am a bit behind on some of my assigned tasks. Here's the three top critical things (things most late :) ) and if someone wants to set up, feel free and ping me on IRC if you are stuck
>
> 1) Finish getting the canonical repo at shadowcat syncing up to the new github Org
> 2) Anyone that wants to blog about the catalyst poll, please do so!
> 3) I need some help getting a list together of companies that use catalyst with possible contacts. I consider these possible strong stakeholders in Catalyst future, and hopefully I can guilt them into helping :)
>
> Other things discussed
>
> A) moving the Catalyst wiki to the github org. Seems most people are slightly neutral to in favor, so lets give it a try. I do recall someone volunteering for this :)
> B) Anyone want to get together with Andrewalker and cook up a sample app using the existing BreadBoard branch? Something simple, but showing off the possibilities

I can sure help with this. We had a good brain storming session the other day.

Re: TODO tasks for interested takers [ In reply to ]
On Sep 28, 2012, at 9:56 AM, John Napiorkowski wrote:
> 1) Finish getting the canonical repo at shadowcat syncing up to the new github Org

o/

> 3) I need some help getting a list together of companies that use catalyst with possible contacts. I consider these possible strong stakeholders in Catalyst future, and hopefully I can guilt them into helping :)

As soon as we move wiki to github, we could start a page in there?

> A) moving the Catalyst wiki to the github org. Seems most people are slightly neutral to in favor, so lets give it a try. I do recall someone volunteering for this :)

It wasn't me, but I can help.

> a) lots of projects have a project blog... Should we? (mine doesn't count?)

++;

> b) what similar message as ^^ should we echo to the users mailing list? Anyone have time to take a crack at that (just a more official soundin version of ^^ would suffice)

If we have a project blog, we could just send a note with the link to the ML.

Wallace Reis | wreis
wallace@reis.me
http://www.about.me/wallacereis

Re: TODO tasks for interested takers [ In reply to ]
On 12/10/2012, at 6:43 AM, Wallace Reis wrote:

>> b) what similar message as ^^ should we echo to the users mailing list? Anyone have time to take a crack at that (just a more official soundin version of ^^ would suffice)
>
> If we have a project blog, we could just send a note with the link to the ML.

That would help with the Catalyst Monthly I failed to get on track earlier this year.