Mailing List Archive

Bricolage without Apache / PSGI / non-root installation
The last time I touched Perl is over a decade ago, so I don't know much about web development with Perl.

Is there a way to run Bricolage without Apache? Has anyone worked on PSGI support for Bricolage? Can I install Bricolage as a non-root user?
Re: Bricolage without Apache / PSGI / non-root installation [ In reply to ]
On Aug 16, 2014, at 5:37 AM, Kurt <djkfhgkjdhsfgkjhsdklfgjhsdlkg@hushmail.com> wrote:

> The last time I touched Perl is over a decade ago, so I don't know much about web development with Perl.
>
> Is there a way to run Bricolage without Apache? Has anyone worked on PSGI support for Bricolage? Can I install Bricolage as a non-root user?

No, No, and probably (though I think the installer requires root).

PSGI support would be cool to have, but a not insignificant amount of work, I think, since Bricolage has made extensive use of the Apache request phases since the beginning (ca. 2001).

Best,

David
Re: Bricolage without Apache / PSGI / non-root installation [ In reply to ]
Hi,

> The last time I touched Perl is over a decade ago, so I don't know much
> about web development with Perl.
>
> Is there a way to run Bricolage without Apache? Has anyone worked on
> PSGI support for Bricolage? Can I install Bricolage as a non-root user?

Just to add, it's definitely possible to install Bricolage as a non root
user, that's how we do things.

If you get hung up anywhere, let me know and I can help out.

Cheers,

Alex