Mailing List Archive

Publishing without all output channels
Hello,

I have a scenario where I would like to reserve an introspect-like
output channel for the preview destination and not include it in the
publish destination.

However, when I try to do this (i.e., exclude Introspect from the
Current Output Channels of the publish destination), the burn fails and
I receive the following error in the failed Jobs list:

Cannot publish asset "Welcome" to "Introspect" because there are no
Destinations associated with this output channel.
[/usr/local/bricolage/lib/Bric/Util/Burner.pm:1292]
[/usr/local/bricolage/lib/Bric/Util/Job/Pub.pm:187]
[/usr/local/bricolage/lib/Bric/Util/Job.pm:1881]
[/usr/local/bricolage/bin/bric_queued:236]
[/usr/local/bricolage/bin/bric_queued:203]

Is there any way to accomplish what I am trying to do or am I simply
going about it the wrong way? I want to use the Introspect output
channel for the preview destination but don't want to see the resulting
files moved to the production/publishing destination.

FWIW, I'm using QUEUE_PUBLISH_JOBS with bric_queued and the SFTP mover.
FTP_UNLINK_BEFORE_MOVE is enabled.

Thanks,

Matt
--
Matt Adams
Radical Dynamic
Re: Publishing without all output channels [ In reply to ]
On 26/06/11 03:21 PM, Matt Adams wrote:

> I have a scenario where I would like to reserve an introspect-like
> output channel for the preview destination and not include it in the
> publish destination.

It seems like the solution was simply to add a new publish destination,
include only the Introspect output channel and direct the resulting
files to be moved to the preview location.

If there is another way to accomplish this without having to create a
separate destination I would be interested in knowing about it. It
seems to me that simply not including an output channel in a given
destination would be enough.

Thanks,

Matt
--
Matt Adams
Radical Dynamic
Re: Publishing without all output channels [ In reply to ]
Have you already set up this Introspect OC with a unique destination (different from the publish OC destination) and have you checked the 'preview' box but not the 'publish' box for this Introspect destination?

I'm afraid I don't know whether you're new to bricolage or an old hand trying something complicated.

Dawn

Re: Publishing without all output channels [ In reply to ]
On 2011-06-26, at 5:27 PM, Matt Adams wrote:

> On 26/06/11 03:21 PM, Matt Adams wrote:
>
>> I have a scenario where I would like to reserve an introspect-like
>> output channel for the preview destination and not include it in the
>> publish destination.
>
> It seems like the solution was simply to add a new publish destination, include only the Introspect output channel and direct the resulting files to be moved to the preview location.

That's it!

> If there is another way to accomplish this without having to create a separate destination I would be interested in knowing about it. It seems to me that simply not including an output channel in a given destination would be enough.

But then how would bricolage know where you'd like your preview files published? Unless of course you are previewing on the local bricolage server.

Dawn

Re: Publishing without all output channels [ In reply to ]
On Jun 26, 2011, at 2:27 PM, Matt Adams wrote:

> If there is another way to accomplish this without having to create a separate destination I would be interested in knowing about it. It seems to me that simply not including an output channel in a given destination would be enough.

Just abort the burn in publish mode, like so:

<%init>;
$m->clear_and_abort if $burner->get_mode == PUBLISH_MODE;
</%init>

Best,

David