desks lists them to all users, while "new story" does not allow users to
create Template type stories. Could this be expected behavior?

Regards, Zdravko
Re: selected search [ In reply to ]
On Jun 2, 2011, at 12:53 AM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:

> I have a story type Template which I would like to hide for majority of
> users.
>
> A group Denied Elements Types of type "Element Type" contain this element
> and have Denied permission for Template. However, search finds them, also
> desks lists them to all users, while "new story" does not allow users to
> create Template type stories. Could this be expected behavior?

Yes. You've denied them access to the element type, not stories based on that type.

Best,

David
Re: selected search [ In reply to ]

Re: selected search [ In reply to ]
David E. Wheeler wrote:

>> desks lists them to all users, while "new story" does not allow users to
>> create Template type stories. Could this be expected behavior?
>
> Yes. You've denied them access to the element type, not stories based on that type.

How do I do that? :) Strangely, All Stories group really means all stories,
not all story types.

Regards, Zdravko
Re: selected search [ In reply to ]
Hi Zdravko,

The easiest way to do it is with categories.

Story groups allow you to precisely access to individual stories, but
the UI can make that challenging to set up, because it loads every story
in the system into a select box. This is no fun on an install with
400,000 stories.

I've frequently thought that changing that interface to use something
like the related-story search would make story groups much more useful.
OK, that's my next project!

Cheers,

Bret

--
Bret Dawson
Producer
Re: selected search [ In reply to ]
On Jun 2, 2011, at 10:58 PM, Zdravko Balorda wrote:

> How do I do that? :) Strangely, All Stories group really means all stories,
> not all story types.

Well, yeah, All Story Types is all story types.

Anyway, in the permissions interface, there's a dropdown widget from which you can choose categories, workflows, and desks. I can't remember if we added a way to group stories by type or not, though it would be an obvious thing to do. Most folks deal with this by putting such stories in a particular category and then prevent access to stories in that category.

HTH,

David