I need to remotely contact bricolage server from
another machine. Do I need to install complete bricolage?

Regards, Zdravko
Re: bricolage client [ In reply to ]
Hi Zdravko,

Yes, to tun bric_soap, you do need a complete Bricolage.

bric_soap itself is a client, not the SOAP server. You can use any SOAP
client you like to talk to the Bricolage SOAP server, though, so writing
a script to accomplish your task might be easier.

Hope this makes sense,

Bret

--
Bret Dawson
Producer
Re: bricolage client [ In reply to ]
On Feb 18, 2011, at 4:37 AM, Bret Dawson wrote:

> Hi Zdravko,
>
> Yes, to tun bric_soap, you do need a complete Bricolage.

Huh? No you don't. In bric_soap, I see:

use Getopt::Long;
use Pod::Usage;
use Term::ReadPassword;
use SOAP::Lite;
use HTTP::Cookies;

So that's probably all you need.

Best,

David
Re: bricolage client [ In reply to ]
Whoops. Sorry. I shouldn'

--
Bret Dawson
416-895-7635

Re: bricolage client [ In reply to ]
Not only should I not speak without being sure I know what I'm talking
about, I should also not try sending mail from a phone. My apologies,
everybody.

Cheers,

Bret

Re: bricolage client [ In reply to ]
On Feb 18, 2011, at 11:33 AM, Bret Dawson wrote:

> Not only should I not speak without being sure I know what I'm talking
> about, I should also not try sending mail from a phone. My apologies,
> everybody.

Man, I do that all the time. No worries. :-)

Best,

David
Re: bricolage client [ In reply to ]
Bret Dawson wrote:
> Hi Zdravko,
>
> Yes, to tun bric_soap, you do need a complete Bricolage.
>
> bric_soap itself is a client, not the SOAP server. You can use any SOAP
> client you like to talk to the Bricolage SOAP server, though, so writing
> a script to accomplish your task might be easier.

Amazing!
I'll immediately compile PHP SOAP in, and try this.
Zdravko
Re: bricolage client [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 07:49:26AM +0100, Zdravko Balorda wrote:
> Bret Dawson wrote:
>> Hi Zdravko,
>>
>> Yes, to tun bric_soap, you do need a complete Bricolage.
>>
>> bric_soap itself is a client, not the SOAP server. You can use any SOAP
>> client you like to talk to the Bricolage SOAP server, though, so writing
>> a script to accomplish your task might be easier.
> Amazing!
> I'll immediately compile PHP SOAP in, and try this.

fwiw, it's been my experience that not all SOAP clients are created
equally. Just so you don't go ahead hacking and run into a wall assuming
the problem is with *you* ;)

Good luck.

-bch

--