Bret

--
Bret Dawson
Producer
Pectopah Productions Inc.
(416) 895-7635
bret@pectopah.com
www.pectopah.com
Re: Bricolage 2.0.1 is out! [ In reply to ]
I just installed it.

This might be a stupid a question:

Is it necessary to drop the entire database, to upgrade?

se,
the installer complains with:

Error loading database. The database error was
ERROR 1050 (42S01) at line 35: Table 'at_type' already exists
         Error loading database. The database error was
         ERROR 1050 (42S01) at line 35: Table 'at_type' already exists

and the "make install" process appears to be interrupted.

Same with this newest version.

I am able to start the newest version server anyway, but when I log in via the
front end, I get the error below.

Is flushing the database the only way to fix this?

tia

============== quote bricolage error ====================

An error occurred while processing your request:

Unable to execute SQL statement

DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Unknown column 'f.name' in 'field list' [for
Statement "
      SELECT f.id, f.name, f.priority, f.description, f.usr__id,
f.output_channel__id, f.tplate_type, f.element_type__id, f.category__id,
f.file_name, f.current_version, f.published_version, f.deploy_status,
f.deploy_date, f.expire_date, f.workflow__id, f.desk__id, f.active, f.site__id,
i.id, i.template__id, i.version, i.usr__id, i.data, i.file_name, i.note,
i.checked_out, COALESCE(group_concat(DISTINCT CASE WHEN m.grp__id <> 0 THEN
m.grp__id END SEPARATOR ' ')), COALESCE(group_concat(DISTINCT CASE WHEN
c.asset_grp_id <> 0 THEN c.asset_grp_id END SEPARATOR ' ')),
COALESCE(group_concat(DISTINCT CASE WHEN w.asset_grp_id <> 0 THEN w.asset_grp_id
END SEPARATOR ' '))
      FROM   template_instance i, template_member fm, member m, category c,
workflow w, template f
      WHERE  f.id = i.template__id AND fm.object_id = f.id AND m.id =
fm.member__id AND m.active = '1' AND c.id = f.category__id AND f.workflow__id =
w.id AND f.current_version = i.version AND f.active = ? AND i.checked_out = ?
AND i.usr__id = ?
      GROUP  BY f.id, f.name, f.priority, f.description, f.usr__id,
f.output_channel__id, f.tplate_type, f.element_type__id, f.category__id,
f.file_name, f.current_version, f.published_version, f.deploy_status,
f.deploy_date, f.expire_date, f.workflow__id, f.desk__id, f.active, f.site__id,
i.id, i.template__id, i.version, i.usr__id, i.data, i.file_name, i.note,
i.checked_out
      ORDER BY f.deploy_date, f.id
" with ParamValues: 0=1, 1=1, 2='0'] at
/usr/local/bricolage6/lib/Bric/Util/DBI.pm line 1138, <GEN1> line 24.

Stack:
  [/usr/local/bricolage6/lib/Bric/Util/DBI.pm:1138]
  [/usr/local/bricolage6/lib/Bric/Util/DBI.pm:758]
  [/usr/local/bricolage6/lib/Bric/Biz/Asset.pm:306]
  [/usr/local/bricolage6/comp/widgets/desk/desk.mc:51]
  [/usr/local/bricolage6/comp/workflow/profile/workspace/dhandler:10]
  [/usr/local/bricolage6/comp/dhandler:10]
  [/usr/local/bricolage6/comp/autohandler:7]

============ end quote ==========================

Re: Bricolage 2.0.1 is out! [ In reply to ]
On Feb 10, 2011, at 7:24 AM, Bric wrote:

> I just installed it.
>
> This might be a stupid a question:
>
> Is it necessary to drop the entire database, to upgrade?

No. Run `make upgrade`, not `make && make install`.

Best,

David
Re: Bricolage 2.0.1 is out! [ In reply to ]
On February 10, 2011 at 12:10 PM "David E. Wheeler" <david@kineticode.com>
wrote:

> On Feb 10, 2011, at 7:24 AM, Bric wrote:
>
> > I just installed it.
> >
> > This might be a stupid a question:
> >
> > Is it necessary to drop the entire database, to upgrade?
>
> No. Run `make upgrade`, not `make && make install`.

 Thanks. Just to be sure:

In order to upgrade, you HAVE to point "make" to the bricolage root directory of
the bricolage installation you want to upgrade, correct?

In other words:

I have a working bricolage installation in /usr/local/bricolage5

I started installing 2.0.1 in /usr/local/bricolage6

(I have kept various installations and have been able to use them
alternatively... this from the days when I tried and retried to overcome
perceived problems, with various test installs. One installation uses
PostgresQL, another MySQL, and other variations, etc.)

So, with the new install root being different, can I run "make upgrade" anyway?

In other words, the result would then be a shared database... unless, of course,
the data would be altered so much that it wouldn't be backwards-compatible with
2.0.0 installations (my multiple installations coexist fine, but they are all
the same version (2.0.0))

I guess preserving older installations isn't all that critical, but I just
wanted the option to go back and forth from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 - to compare and
contrast and identify/pinpoint bugs (if there are any). Obviously, if that's too
much of a hassle, I'll abandon the effort.

I tried "cloning" but it that was a mess, in light of my multiple
installations....

Suggestion: Perhaps the word "use" in the below should be changed to "clone",
because it throws you into wondering if it's referring to the TARGET directory
(directory it's cloning to, rather than cloning from)

Bricolage Root Directory to Clone? [/usr/local/bricolage] /usr/local/bricolage5
Are you sure you want to use '/usr/local/bricolage5'? [yes]

------------
Bricolage Root Directory to Clone? [/usr/local/bricolage] /usr/local/bricolage5
Are you sure you want to use '/usr/local/bricolage5'? [yes] ------------

Also, when cloning fails, the (tediously acquired) configuration is wiped out
and one has to start from scratch again!

RE: Bricolage 2.0.1 is out! [ In reply to ]
> From: Bret Dawson [mailto:bret@pectopah.com]
>
> The Bricolage development team is pleased to announce that Bricolage
> 2.0.1 is available for download.

That's great news. I'm looking forward to evaluating the new release. We have not been able to get the QEMU image to convert to VMware.

Is there any word on when a VMWare image will be available for testing?

...Ross...

--
Ross Olson, Sr. Web Architect, IT Web, Planar Systems, Inc.
Ross.Olson@Planar.com | 503-748-5707 | http://www.planar.com/

This e-mail, and any attachments, is intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information belonging to Planar Systems, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail, any attachments thereto, and use of the information contained, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and permanently delete the original and any copy thereof.
Re: Bricolage 2.0.1 is out! [ In reply to ]
On Feb 10, 2011, at 10:05 AM, Bric wrote:

>> No. Run `make upgrade`, not `make && make install`.
>
> Thanks. Just to be sure:
>
> In order to upgrade, you HAVE to point "make" to the bricolage root directory of
> the bricolage installation you want to upgrade, correct?

No. `make` is only to install, not to upgrade.

> In other words:
>
> I have a working bricolage installation in /usr/local/bricolage5
>
> I started installing 2.0.1 in /usr/local/bricolage6
>
> (I have kept various installations and have been able to use them
> alternatively... this from the days when I tried and retried to overcome
> perceived problems, with various test installs. One installation uses
> PostgresQL, another MySQL, and other variations, etc.)
>
> So, with the new install root being different, can I run "make upgrade" anyway?

No. That's a new install. Be sure to give the database a new name.

> In other words, the result would then be a shared database... unless, of course,
> the data would be altered so much that it wouldn't be backwards-compatible with
> 2.0.0 installations (my multiple installations coexist fine, but they are all
> the same version (2.0.0))

Yeah, there are no database changes in 2.0.1, so that should be safe. You'd still have to install it with a new database, but then you can edit its bricolage.conf to point at the other database.

> I guess preserving older installations isn't all that critical, but I just
> wanted the option to go back and forth from 2.0.0 to 2.0.1 - to compare and
> contrast and identify/pinpoint bugs (if there are any). Obviously, if that's too
> much of a hassle, I'll abandon the effort.

2.0.1 should be more stable than 2.0.0. It's a bug-fix only release.

> I tried "cloning" but it that was a mess, in light of my multiple
> installations....
>
> Suggestion: Perhaps the word "use" in the below should be changed to "clone",
> because it throws you into wondering if it's referring to the TARGET directory
> (directory it's cloning to, rather than cloning from)

Cloning doesn't install. It just creates a copy and wraps it up into a tarball. You can then copy that tarball to another server and install it as if it was a new version, but all your data would be there.

> Also, when cloning fails, the (tediously acquired) configuration is wiped out
> and one has to start from scratch again!

I don't know why it would. Can you say more about this?

Best,

David